Email for Students
Students, faculty, and staff at Williston State College use the Microsoft Office 365 email system, which is provided by the North Dakota University System (NDUS).
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is free for current WSC students, faculty, and staff.
Office 365 ProPlus includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Skype for Business, and more. To find out how to get your copy, click the following link: Office365 for Students
At most North Dakota University System (NDUS) campuses, student email is on a different system than the faculty/staff email system. While both systems are using Microsoft Office 365, the student version of Office 365 (@my.campusname.edu) is not as robust as the faculty/staff system.
Having difficulty logging in? Make sure to follow the instructions below.
1. Go to: portal.office.com
2. enter in your username: email@example.com
3. enter your password: the password you use for Campus Connection
*make sure you are typing @ndus.edu not @ndsu.edu (North Dakota University System)
If you are encountering problems or need your password reset, contact the NDUS Help Desk at:
NDUS Help Desk
Help Desk Hours: 24hrs - 7 day a week
Click here to change your NDUS password or recover a forgotten password.
You will have the full Office 365 Suite available to you through your email:
- Login to your new email, click on settings, then Office 365, find and click software (on the left hand side) and install. It's that easy.
You have access to 1TB of cloud storage on OneDrive:
- Called OneDrive for Business, you will have access to files anywhere via the Internet
- Share files with instructors, classmates, club or other campus organization members
Chat and video collaboration with Skype for Business:
- Instant message, audio call, or video conference with instructors, classmates, club or other organization members
Do you have your school email set to forward to another account?
- If yes, you will need to set up forwarding again once the change to your new school email has occurred.
- Keep in mind that with this change, email may take 1 to 2 days to completely sync.
Will staff and faculty change?
WSC staff and faculty will continue to use firstname.lastname@example.org
Will students have access and see appointments on my calendar?
By default, all calendars in Office 365 are set to "Free/Busy time, subject, location." Student will be able to see that you have a period of time blocked out, the meeting title and location. Changing calendar permissions is controlled by individual users and setting permissions for different groups of people. The retention time on calendars is current year plus 2 years.
To check your calendar setting:
Can I use Skype for Business to video conference with students or other staff/faculty?
Yes, see the following for more information:
If you have questions or need help, contact Williston State College Helpdesk
Email can be added to Mobile Phone, but WSC IT HelpCenter requires a security or passcode to be placed on the device.
Email Setup Wizard for Mobile Devices
***An email address will not be created until you have been enrolled in at least one class. Please allow 48 hours for email to be created after enrollment.