- Williston State College Home
- About Us
- IT Department
- Employee Email Portal
- Configuring Your Email for Office365
Configuring Your Devices for Email
Windows Outlook Profiles
If you don't want to be prompted by Outlook to select a profile, follow these steps:
- Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Click Always use this profile, select the profile that the user wants to use when Outlook starts, and then click OK.
Step 1: Delete existing account
- Tap Setting > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Choose your NDUS e-mail account
- Choose Delete account (this may take a while, depending upon the size of your e-mail account)
Step 2: Add new account
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- You don't need to enter anything in the Domain box. Enter the information requested in the E-mail, Username, and Password boxes. You need to enter your full e-mail address in the E-mail and Username boxes (for example, email@example.com).
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your iPhone will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. If your iPhone finds the settings, go to step 6.
- If your iPhone does not find the setting, go to the server box and enter outlook.office365.com , and then tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
- From the Applications menu, select E-mail. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- Click Next.
- Type your full e-mail address in the username field and enter your password.
Note: If the username field is labeled "domain/username" you should enter your e-mail address "email@example.com". If the Domain field is separate, it should be blank.
- In the sever field, type outlook.office365.com .
- Check the boxes for "Use secure connection (SSL)" and "Accept all SSL Certificates" and click Next.
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
- E-mail checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, e-mail messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when e-mail arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new e-mail message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the e-mail setup and start using your account.
Configuring Windows Mobile phone
Step 1: Add new account
- Start > Active Sync
- Menu > Configure Server
- Highlight Exchange, click menu, and then delete
Step 2: Remove account
- Tap Start > Active Sync > Menu > Add server source.
- Enter your e-mail address and password, and then tap Next.
- Make sure the check box Try to get e-mail settings automatically from the Internet is selected, and then tap Next.
Your mobile phone will try to get settings from the Internet automatically. If this fails, tap Next. Otherwise go to step 8.
- For Your e-mail provider, select Exchange server, and then tap Next twice.
- Enter your e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), and then tap Next.
- Tap in the Server box and enter outlook.office365.com and then tap Next.
- Enter your user name and password, and then tap Next. Your user name is your complete e-mail address (for example, email@example.com).
- Select the check boxes for the types of items you want to view on your device, and then tap Finish.