Laptop Checkout Policy
Students may check out a laptop at WSC in designated locations for daily use on campus. These locations are; the Learning Commons, the Communication Lab, or the Math Lab.
At checkout, you agree, by accepting the equipment, to the following:
- That you have received the equipment and that it is in working condition.
- Problems with, damage to, loss or theft of the hardware loaned to you must be reported immediately. Failure to do so will result in repair and/or replacement fees. Any damage to, loss or theft of loaned equipment during the loan period is the sole responsibility of the borrower as well as subsequent repair or replacement costs up to the original value of the item.
- Students are limited to checkout one laptop and must submit a current Williston State College Student ID. The ID card will be returned to the student after the laptop is returned to the correct location.
- The student must also supply information on the Computer Check out Form.
- That you are also aware of NDUS Policy 1901.2 section 3.2 which states:
"Users are responsible for knowing to which resources they have been granted access, and refraining
from all acts that waste or prevent others from using these resources, or from using them in ways
proscribed by the NDUS or NDUS institutions or state or federal laws."
Students must return the laptop before the end of the workday. (For example, if the Communication Lab closes at 4:00 P.M., all laptops must be returned by that time.) Equipment must be returned to the same location from which it was checked out in order for it to be considered returned.
Failure to Comply:
If a laptop is not returned to its original location by the closing time actions may be taken on behalf of Williston State College as follows:
- If the laptop is not returned on time, the student will be emailed a reminder that day of the laptop checkout procedure.
- If the laptop has still not been returned 24 hours after the reminder email, a hold will be placed on the student's account.
- If the laptop is lost, damaged (including viruses, malware, etc.), or destroyed, the student's account will be charged for a replacement of the laptop. The amount will not exceed the original purchase price.