- Williston State College Home
- Academic Pathways
- Arts & Human Sciences
- Associate in Arts (A.A.)
Associate in Arts (A.A.)
Associate in Arts degrees are awarded to students who complete courses consisting of diverse, introductory level material in preparation for transfer to baccalaureate programs. The basis of study is in communications, the humanities and social sciences, mathematics, science, computer science, and wellness. The primary areas of emphasis are the humanities and social sciences.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students will use reasoning skills to analyze and solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures and value systems.
- Students will apply health-related knowledge to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Completion of at least 62 semester credits including:
- English Composition (ENGL 110 and ENGL 120 or ENGL 125) | 6 credits
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (COMM 110) | 3 credits
- ND:HUMS, ND:FA, ND:HIST, (minimum of 6 credits in ND:HUMS, ND:FA, or ND:HIST) & ND:SS (minimum of 6 credits in ND:SS) | 18 credits
- ND:MATH, ND:LABSC, ND:SCI, ND:COMPSC - Minimum of 3 math credits completed (MATH 103 or higher), one lab science, and one computer science course | 9 credits
- Wellness | 2 credits
- 2.00 (C) minimum institutional grade point average
- Minimum of 16 credits completed in residence
- Successful completion of UNIV 100 College Strategies (1 credit) or UNIV 101 College Transitions (1 credit)
- Maximum of 12 S/U graded credits (program approval required for 13 or more)
- Maximum of 15 CLEP subject exam credits; 0 CLEP general exam credits
- Maximum of 15 credits for prior learning