Before you submit your collaborative request, you must be enrolled in at least one WSC course for the semester you are requesting to take a collaborative course.
A collaborative student is a student who is getting their degree from Williston State College, but taking courses at another NDUS institution within the same term. WSC, which is where you are receiving your degree from, is your home institution. The institution where you are taking a course, but not receiving your degree, is your provider institution.
Your home institution must be WSC in order to use this page to register. You must be a fully admitted student and be receiving your degree from WSC. If you are wishing to take a collaborative course through WSC, please contact the collaborative representative at your home campus.
If you are an international student, you will need to contact Leah Windnagle in the Enrollment Services office for approval. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-774-4220.
To qualify as a collaborative student, you must meet the following criteria. Please do NOT submit a request if you do not meet these criteria.
- You have been admitted to WSC as a degree-seeking student.
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at WSC for the term.
- You cannot have any negative service indicatiors preventing enrollment.
Courses not eligible for Collaborative Registration are:
- Courses offered at the same time and manner as WSC. Exemptions can only be made through Brittney O'Neill in the Enrollment Services Office.
- Courses that are graduate level.
- Courses where the student has not met the pre-requisites.
- Courses that would put the student over 20 semester hours when combining collaborative and WSC credits.
By requesting a collaborative registration, you are agreeing to the following:
- You will not be able to make changes to your registration at the provider institution directly. The provider institution will place a collaborative student hold on your account that will prevent you from making changes. You must email Brittney O'Neill in the Enrollment Services office if you would like to make a change to your schedule.
- You understand tuition and/or other approved collaborative-related charges from the provider campus will be added to your account after the last day to drop at 100%. It will also be due by the designated date.
- You will follow all drop and withdrawal procedures with WSC and in accordance with SBHE Policy 830.2.
- Your collaborative request must be completed by 4:00 PM CT on the last day to add a course for the semester.
As part of your collaborative registration, WSC will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider campuses will be combined with credits at WSC for financial aid purposes.
- Tution and/or other approved collaborative related charges owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at WSC.
- Students not using Financial Aid have the option to pay WSC by the designated due date. Your Provider campus charges are viewable on CampusConnection and can be paid to WSC or directly to the Provider campus.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will be transferred to WSC.
Once you have submitted the collaborative registration form, the collaborative representative will check to make sure you are elgible to take these courses collaboratively. The collaborative contact will send your request to the provider institution and a representative from that institution will register you in Campus Connection. You will receive a confirmation email within 1.5 to 2 weeks after the registration has been submitted. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation email. Due to this turnaround time for collaborative registrations, we strongly encourage you to submit your registration before the first day of classes.
To enroll as a Collaborative Student, click here.
To drop/withdraw from your Collaborative course(s), click here.
You can use Campus Connection to view course offerings across North Dakota University System. If you are a WSC student and have questions about the collaborative process, you may contact:
Enrollment Services Associate
Williston State College
1410 University Ave
Williston ND 58801