WSC Students seeking collaborative enrollment must enroll in
at least one WSC course before submitting a collaborative request.
A collaborative student is a student who is earning a degree from Williston State College, but taking a course(s) at another NDUS institution within the same term. Where a student is earning a degree is called the home institution. Where a student is taking a course, but not earning adegree, is called the provider institution.
A student's home institution must be WSC to use this page to register. A student must be a fully admitted student and be receiving your degree from WSC. Students wishing to take a collaborative course through WSC, please contact the collaborative representative at your home campus.
International students must contact Leah Windnagle in the Enrollment Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-774-4220 for approval.
To qualify as a collaborative student, you must meet the following criteria. Please do NOT submit a request if you do not meet these criteria.
- You have been admitted to WSC as a degree-seeking student.
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at WSC for the term.
- You cannot have any negative service indicatiors preventing enrollment.
Courses not eligible for Collaborative Registration are:
- Courses offered at the same time and manner as WSC. Exemptions can only be made through Brittney O'Neill in the Enrollment Services Office.
- Courses that are graduate level.
- Courses where the student has not met the pre-requisites.
- Courses that would put the student over 20 semester hours when combining collaborative and WSC credits.
By requesting a collaborative registration, you are agreeing to the following:
- You will not be able to make changes to your registration at the provider institution directly. The provider institution will place a collaborative student hold on your account that will prevent you from making changes. You must email Brittney O'Neill in the Enrollment Services office if you would like to make a change to your schedule.
- You understand tuition and/or other approved collaborative-related charges from the provider campus will be added to your account after the last day to drop at 100%. It will also be due by the designated date.
- You will follow all drop and withdrawal procedures with WSC and in accordance with SBHE Policy 830.2.
- Your collaborative request must be completed by 4:00 PM CT on the last day to add a course for the semester.
As part of your collaborative registration, WSC will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider campuses will be combined with credits at WSC for financial aid purposes.
- Tution and/or other approved collaborative related charges owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at WSC.
- Students not using Financial Aid have the option to pay WSC by the designated due date. Your Provider campus charges are viewable on CampusConnection and can be paid to WSC or directly to the Provider campus.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will be transferred to WSC.
Upon submission of the collaborative registration form, the collaborative representative will ensure eligibility for collaborative courses. The collaborative representative will send your request to the provider institution and that institution will complete course enrollment. Confirmation of enrollment is email within 1.5 to 2 weeks after the registration has been submitted. You are not registered until you receive a confirmation email. Due to collaborative registration turnaround time, registration before the first day of class is strongly encouraged.
To enroll as a Collaborative Student, click here.
To drop/withdraw from your Collaborative course(s), click here.
You can use Campus Connection to view course offerings across North Dakota University System. If you are a WSC student and have questions about the collaborative process, you may contact:
Enrollment Services Associate
Williston State College
1410 University Ave
Williston ND 58801