- Williston State College Home
- Current Students
- Academic Records
- Preparing to Graduate
- Graduation FAQs
Who can participate in the ceremony?
- Williston State College commencement ceremony is for all students graduating in the 2016-2017 academic year. This includes Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 graduates.
When and Where is the ceremony held?
- The commencement ceremony is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 12, 2017 at the Thomas Witt Leach Complex.
When and Where is the rehearsal held?
- The rehearsal is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. Thursday, May 12, 2016 at the Thomas Witt Leach Complex and should last about one hour.
How do I inform WSC that I plan to participate in the commencement ceremony?
- Graduates who plan to attend the commencement ceremony can indicate their intent on their Graduation Application. If you have already submitted your Graduation Application or decide to attend at a later date, you can notify our office, of your intent to participate in the ceremony.
How do I get information about the commencement ceremony and events?
- A letter with the final information for the ceremony will be emailed out to graduation candidates one month prior to commencement to the email address indicated by the student on their Graduation Application.
How do I get a cap and gown for the ceremony?
- Graduation applicants will receive email notifications to their WSC email account and letters to their mailing address concerning online ordering opportunities and in-store purchase.
How long will the commencement ceremony last?
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour with a reception to follow in the entrance of the Thomas Witt Leach Complex.
What if indicated on my Graduation Application that I would/would not be attending the ceremony but then change my mind?
- Please contact our office at the information below.
What do I do if I am graduating with honors?
- Students eligible for honors recognition at the graduation ceremony will be indicated in the printed commencement program. You will receive a gold tassel during lineup on the day of the ceremony. Institutional GPA from previous term will be used to calculate ceremony honors. Final institutional GPA will be used to calculate final transcripted honors.
Are diplomas presented at the commencement ceremony?
- Graduates will not receive an actual diploma at the commencement ceremony. You will receive a diploma cover. Your diploma will be mailed to you after grades are finalized and your graduation is confirmed by the Registrar. Diplomas are mailed out approximately 5 to 7 weeks after final grades are posted.
What if a graduate needs special accommodations or assistance to participate?
- Graduates requiring special accommodations or assistance to participate in the ceremony should contact our office at the information below.
What if I need to change my graduation date to a later semester?
- Please contact our office at the information below to ensure that your coursework and enrollment is correct for your later graduation date.
For any additional information and questions:
Contact Information: Office Hours and Location:
Crystal Hotchkiss Monday-Friday
Registrar, Research Analyst 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Telephone: 701.774-4267 Student Services Office, Room 105F