What Employers Want
Knowing what employers are looking for and striving to meet these expectations will go a long way in helping you land the career of your dreams.
Top 10 Values Employers Look for in Employees
Here is a List of the Top 10 Values Employers Look for in Employees.
1. Strong Work Ethic
2. Dependability and Responsibility
3. Possessing a Positive Attitude.
5. Honesty and Integrity
6. Self - Motivated
7. Motivated to Grow & Learn
8. Strong Self - Confidence
Reasons People Don't Get Hired
• They did not dress appropriately for the interview.
• Lack of interest and enthusiasm for the position.
• They did not have a long-term purpose, goal, or career plan.
• The "I just need a job" mentality.
• A focus on salary or benefits during the interview.
• Not willing to start at the bottom of the agency.
• Negativity expressed towards previous employers or instructors.
• Poor eye contact, extreme nervousness, or lack of confidence during the interview.
• Arriving late for the interview or not following up with requested information in a timely manner.
• Vague responses to questions or an inability to express information clearly.
• Information received from references was negative.
• An overly aggressive applicant.
• An email address, voice mail message, or a social media page that contains inappropriate content.