- Williston State College Home
- Current Students
- Student & Resident Life
- Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
The North Dakota University System (NDUS) is pleased to offer health insurance coverage to NDUS students through United Healthcare insurance company. Domestic students (i.e. American citizens) are not required by the NDUS to carry this coverage, and we know many of you may be covered by your parents' insurance until age 26. However, the Affordable Care Act does require that you carry some sort of health insurance, and this plan is an option.
All NDUS full-time students who attend at least one course face-to-face on campus are eligible to enroll in this student health insurance plan (please see the attached brochure below for more information).
The open enrollment period began on July 17, 2015 and ends on September 15, 2015. Students may enroll for the following term options:
- Annual year (August 16, 2015 through August 15, 2016)
- Fall semester (August 16, 2015 through December 31, 2015)
- Spring and summer semesters (January 1, 2016 through August 15, 2016)
The premiums for each enrollment term are as follows:
- Annual year- $2,364
- Fall semester- $891
- Spring and summer semesters- $1,473
If you need to wait to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan until your financial aid has been disbursed on or around September 10, 2015, please notify United Healthcare so that they will backdate your plan to begin on August 16, 2015 preventing a lapse in your coverage. Please follow these steps:
- Email Karen Lesch at: email@example.com
- Email Subject: Financial Aid/Student Insurance Purchase
- Copy and paste this into the body of your email: "My name is FIRST LAST. It is my intention to purchase the Student Health Insurance plan as soon as my financial aid is disbursed and before the deadline of September 15, 2015. My understanding from the Director of Student Affairs at the North Dakota University System office is that my effective date will be August 16, 2015."
Please review the attached brochure for more information and visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on the NDUS website. You are also welcome to contact United Healthcare:
United Healthcare Customer Service