New Degree Seeking Students
New Degree Seeking Students have not attended a post-secondary institution since completing high school and plan to earn a degree and/or apply for financial aid. (You are considered a new student if you enrolled in college level coursework while still attending high school).
A complete admissions file includes:
2. $35 non-refundable application fee, which is payable online at the time of application.
3. An official high school transcript or official GED transcript. To be considered official, the transcripts must be sent directly to WSC from the issuing institution.
4. Emergency Contact Form. Information provided on the Emergency Contact Form will be used on the student's behalf in a medical emergency. Completion of an Emergency Contact Form is required for registration. Admission to Williston State College is not influenced by the information provided on the Emergency Contact Form.
5. Documented proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella. Exemptions to this policy may be granted if your date of birth is prior to 1/1/57 or if the student's beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
6. Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is required of students 25 years of age or under and/or students with less than 24 semester hours of completed college credit. Students with ACT scores more than five years old must also complete the COMPASS placement exam.
7. COMPASS placement exam. A student requiring submission of ACT or SAT scores may submit COMPASS scores in lieu of an ACT or SAT score. All students who plan to take an English or math course must submit appropriate assessment scores prior to enrollment. If the COMPASS placement exam is not available in their area, students may be eligible to take the ACCUPLACER assessment.
Official college transcripts. Students taking course work at colleges or universities while enrolled in high school should mail official transcripts. To be considered official, the transcripts must be sent directly to WSC from the issuing institution. Transcripts can be sent at the completion of all college coursework. All transcripts need to be officially sent (in a sealed envelope) from the schools to: Williston State College, Attn: Admission and Records, 1410 University Avenue, Williston, ND 58801.
Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted by email within 2-3 business days about the status of your application and remaining required documentation. Once your admissions file is complete, you will be notified by mail of your official acceptance and receive further information pertaining to registering for courses and working with your academic advisor to determine an educational plan.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admission and Records office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 701-774-4200 or 1-888-863-9455.