- Williston State College Home
- Future Students
- Financing Your Education
- Financial Aid
Scholarships are a great way to pay for your education. Basically, there are two types of scholarships: external and institutional.
Williston State College students are very fortunate to have access to a strong base of scholarship resources offered through the WSC Foundation. Over one million dollars in scholarships are awarded from up to 60 different scholarship funds annually. High school and college GPA's are the main criteria used to determine award amounts following a graduated scale beginning at a 2.5 GPA.
To apply for our institutional scholarships, please visit our Apply Online for Scholarships page.
Remember that you must complete an application for each academic year you attend WSC. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and be fulltime to be eligible.
External scholarships are offered through entitites outside of Williston State College (ex. Dollars for Scholars, Big Horn Country Electric, First International Bank and Trust, etc.). The search for scholarships should begin very early in your high school senior year. Following are a few suggestions on how and where to search for the resources:
- Complete a free, online search application (WSC recommends FastWEB)
- Work with your high school counselor
- Check with trust departments at local banks
- Check with your or your parents employer(s)
- Check with organizations that you or your parents belong to (e.g. American Legion, Moose Lodge, etc.)
- Watch local newspapers for application announcements