- Williston State College Home
- Future Students
- Financing Your Education
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships-Online Application Help
Online Scholarship Application Help
STARS (Scholarship Tracking and Review System) is the program we use to help you search and apply for scholarships at WSC. The following section outlines the information that each section of the scholarship application requires:
STARS Home Page
- Students can reach the STARS home page by clicking on the icon above. Click on the START HERE to begin the application.
- Students need to provide their most current and reliable e-mail address. All Scholarship Award Letters will be sent to the e-mail address that is provided.
- Student ID is a seven digit number that is assigned by Williston State College. If you are a prospective student and have not yet applied for admission, please enter 999 as the first three digits and the last 4 digits of your social security number. For example, if the last four digits of your social security number is 1234, then your Student ID is 9991234.
Note: If you do not have a social security number, create a 4 digit number that you will easily remember.
- If you are an international student, in the address section, you may enter the town you are from, but under state and county, please answer "n/a" and enter 0s for the zip code. You will be asked later in the application to enter your exact address. The International Student Tuition Waiver program has been discontinued starting school year 2010-2011, but this application should still be completed to be considered for any academic scholarships and cultural diversity tuition waivers that may be available.
- Your answers to these questions are required to help customize the "Recommended Scholarships" list at the end of the application process.
- This section requires information regarding high school attended, expected or actual date of graduation, intended program of study and GPA. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain their official cumulative GPA at the time of application from their high school counselor, or college records office. Awards are made based on this self-certification of cumulative GPA. Please be advised, that awards are subject to change if the information provided conflicts with your final transcripts.
- When all of the sections of the application have been finished, student's recommended scholarships will appear! Don't forget to click on the "Apply Now" buttons to actually apply for the individual scholarships. Please check back periodically to see if any additional scholarships appear as they are added to the STARS software.