- Williston State College Home
- Future Students
- Financing Your Education
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships - Online Application
Apply Online for Scholarships
Applying for scholarships and tuition waivers is easy! Do it all online with one easy application.
Williston State College students are very fortunate to have access to a strong base of scholarship resources offered through the WSC Foundation. Over one million dollars in scholarships are awarded from up to 60 different scholarship funds annually. High school and college GPA's are the main criteria used to determine award amounts following a graduated scale beginning at a 2.5 GPA. Remember that you must complete an application for each academic year you attend WSC. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and be full-time to be considered eligible.
STARS (Scholarship Tracking and Review System) is the program we use to help you search and apply for all Williston State College Scholarships and Tuition Waivers. The good news is that you will be able to complete the application process completely online. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until exhausted. Priority deadline is March 15th.
To get started:
- Reach the STARS home page by clicking here or going to www.willistonstate.starsscholarshipsonline.com
- Click on "Sign Up" to being the application.
- Students need to provide their most current and reliable e-mail address.
- Enter your Student ID number. This number is assigned by Williston State College upon admission. If you are a prospective student and have not yet applied for admission, please enter "999" followed the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. For example, if the last 4 digits of your Social Security number is 1234, then enter in 9991234 as your Student ID number.
- If you are an international student, in the address section, you may enter the town you are from as well as your street address. However, for the Country option select "United States of America." Select "Other" for the State and County options. For the Postal Code enter in "00000-0000."
- These questions help customize the "Recommended Scholarships" list at the end of the application process.
- Please fill out all required fields to the best of your ability. This sections requires information on past and current academic information such as High School, expected graduation days, programs of study, and GPA's.
- Please fill out all required fields to the best of your ability. This sections requires information on household income, occupation, and marital status. If you are considered a dependent, it will require parental information including addresses, occupation, and estimated income.
- Based on the information you provided, there will be a list of Recommended Scholarships provided for you at the end of the application process.
- Click on "Apply Now" in order to submit the application for each individual scholarship/tuition waiver listed.
- Please check back periodically to see if any additional scholarships appear as they are added to the STARS software.
If you are an international student, here is a guide to STARS for your convenience.
For information on external scholarships, pleave visit our Scholarships page.
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office!
Contact: Scott Bauer, Financial Aid Associate
Location: Stevens Hall, 105H
Phone: 1-888-863-9455, ext. 4248, or 701-774-4248