- Williston State College Home
- News & Events
- Gateway to Science Announces Statewide Advisory Council
Gateway to Science Announces Statewide Advisory Council
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Posted by Gateway To Science
Bismarck - The Gateway to Science Board of Directors recently appointed several individuals to serve on a new statewide advisory council. Members of the council were recruited from across the state, representing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)-related industries, education and the public sector. Advisory Council members will advocate for Gateway to Science within their sectors and assist the organization to form connections with their communities. Ten council members were appointed by the Board, and their first meeting was held in July.
· Mark Braun - Owner, Advantage Appliance - Bismarck, ND
· Sarah Fox - Teacher, Glen Ullin School District - Glen Ullin, ND
· Jared Graetz - Trail King Industries - Fargo, ND
· Gerald McGillivray - Williston State College, Williston ND
· Laura Munske - Director, Dakota Science Center - Grand Forks, ND
· Dennis Pozarnsky - Retired Engineer - Carrington, ND
· Jared Pozarnsky - Great River Energy - Benedict, ND
· Michelle Solensky - Professor, University of Jamestown - Jamestown, ND
· Joseph Vacek - Professor, University of North Dakota - Grand Forks, ND
One council position remains open in the Devils Lake region. Interested applicants should contact Beth Demke, Executive Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gateway to Science opened a hands-on science center in Bismarck in 1994 and is currently planning to build a new facility on the campus of Bismarck State College. The new facility for Gateway to Science will set a new standard to put science on display. This facility will greatly improve the experience for visitors of all ages, providing a wider variety of exhibits and enhanced educational program spaces.
The Gateway to Science Advisory Council will meet twice each year to learn about Gateway to Science initiatives, to provide feedback about what is happening in various communities, and to advise how Gateway to Science can continue to grow as a statewide resource for informal STEM education.
1810 Schafer Street, Suite 1, Bismarck, ND 58501 (701) 258-1975 http://www.gatewaytoscience.org