Military Students | Williston State College

to the top of the page
Home Page
Military Students -

Military Students

  Home  »  Admissions »  How to Apply »  

Military Students

WSC is dedicated to serving veterans interested in furthering their education, learning new skills, or taking classes for personal interest. In order to best serve veterans or those aspiring to use veteran benefits, WSC has created the Re-InVET Yourself Program.

The Re-InVET Yourself Program will provide individualized sessions to help prospective students with:
  • Personalized application and admission checklist counseling
  • Academic program and course advising tailored to meet personal goals
  • Financial counseling specific to the Certificate of Eligibility
  • Financial counseling specific to other federal, state, and institutional financial resources
  • Continued academic program and course advising to keep goals in check
  • Connections to campus support services (counseling, tutoring, student organizations, community organizations)

1. Application for Admission

If you have previously applied, a new account must be created in order to submit a new application for admission.

2. How to Apply for VA Education Benefits

view more
Understanding your Benefits
Chapter 30 | Active Duty

Chapter 31 | Vocational Rehabilitation for those with a service-connected disability. For more information and application procedures, please call 1.800.827.1000.

Chapter 32 | (VEAP) Post Vietnam

Chapter 33 | Post 911 GI Bill - Learn more about benefits.

Chapter 35 | Survivors and Dependants - Learn more about benefits.
Chapter 1606 | Guard/Reserve - Active duty less than 90 days.

Chapter 1607 | (REAP) Guard/Reserve - Active duty (federal orders) more than 90 days.

Williams County Veterans Service Office
p. 701.577.4550
f. 701.577.4549
view more
Request Changes to your Benefits
You will need to request changes to your benefits if any of the descriptions below are true for you:
  • Are transferring to a different school;
  • Are changing your educational, professional, or vocational goal;
  • Left your school or training program due to poor attendance, progress, or conduct, and you are re-entering the same program; or
  • Were receiving VA education benefits as a Veteran, and now you want to receive benefits while on active duty.
If you are a Veteran or service member
  • You will need to submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995).
If you are the dependent of a Veteran or service member
  • You will need to submit a Dependent’s Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (VA Form 22-5495).

3. All Official Transcripts

To be considered official, transcripts must be received by WSC in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution or sent by an electronic transcript exchange service.

Joint Service Transcripts are not required for admission but you have the option to send them for evaluation.

WSC accepts electronic transcripts from National Student Clearinghouse, eScrip-Safe, Parchment, and North Dakota eTranscripts.
view more
Official High School Transcripts or GED
  • Exemptions to this policy may be granted if you have completed 24 or more semester hours of transferrable college level coursework.
  • If you are a current high school student, an official work in progress transcript can be submitted. A final high school transcript will be required after you have officially graduated.
view more
Official College/University Transcripts
  • Official transcripts must be received from ALL institutions previously attended.
  • If you are currently enrolled in an institution, an official work in progress transcript can be submitted. A final transcript will be required after grades have been officially posted.
  • As of August 13, 2018: Important Notice Regarding Transcripts Between North Dakota Public Colleges and Universities. If you are requesting transcripts from any of the institutions within the North Dakota University System (NDUS) for the purpose of admissions, it is not necessary to request transcripts through a third party site. Instead, WSC will be able to retrieve your academic transcript from other NDUS colleges and universities at no charge to you. You will, however, be notified if you have any holds on your academic transcripts for outstanding debt owed to an NDUS college or university. No refunds will be granted for individuals who inadvertently request transcripts through a third-party site to be exchanged between NDUS colleges and universities.

4. Vaccination Records (On-Campus Students Only)

  • Two doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine for students born after 01/01/1957.
  • One dose of the Meningococcal vaccine after the age of 16 for all students 21 and under.
  • Exemptions to this policy may be granted if your beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
  • North Dakota Residents can request their immunization from the ND Department of Health.

5. Placement Scores

Placement scores are required for all degree-seeking students. If you have Math and English courses that transfer to WSC from a regionally accredited institution, this document could be waived. Learn more about placement testing.


VA Certifying Official
Jenae Hunter | Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Affairs
Stevens Hall, 201
p. 701.774.4526

Enrollment Services
Stevens Hall, 105
p. 701.774.4200
t. 701.595.7389
Williston State College Teton Mascot where the people make the difference